Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Battery icon problems on tablet

Hi,

I have a small Windows tablet which I upgraded to Creators Update by doing a fresh install. I had copies of drivers and reinstalled all of them. The only issue is the battery icon.

It shows up in the taskbar, but appears 'empty'. Tap / click on it and the text says '100%' all the time. It doesn't change if plugged in or not. The screen brightness part does work, as does 'battery saver'. It seems it just isn't getting the battery level data.

I already tried disabling and enabling both AC adapter items in Device Manager with no effect. Apart from the icon vanishing and reappearing after a reboot.

There are a couple of Power management items relating to the Intel chipset, also no effect when uninstalled and reinstalled.

I tried enabling the 'old' battery flyout and it shows 'unknown remaining'.

All suggestions are welcome!


Source: Battery icon problems on tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment