Wednesday, September 16, 2015

SanDisk’s Connect Wireless Stick Is A Storage Problem Solver

One of the main issues I often encounter with mobile devices, is how delicate the storage can be. Smartphones and tablets constantly come with larger storage capacities as well as microSD card slots to offer more options for storage. However, it can still be an issue. Of course, there is always cloud storage, but then you always need a connection to the internet, there is the issue with data allowances and not forgetting data speeds.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been using the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick and it has solved a number of my more major storage issues. In basic terms, this is simply a flash drive. However, this is no ordinary flash drive and instead is a good example of where the tech will likely be going in the next few years. The SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick allows the ability to wirelessly connect to your data and stored files, music and videos and will change how you view flash drives.

Sandisk AH-6

For context, right now on my desk is a OnePlus One, Moto X Play, Honor 7, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Galaxy Note 5. Now, all of these devices I have to spend some time with to be able to write about them. See how they hold up when at the gym, test what battery life I am getting and generally get a more hand-on feel for them. The problem is that they do not have my data on them. If I take the Galaxy Note 5 to the gym today, all my music is stored locally on my daily driver so I have noting to listen to. Well, this is where I have found the biggest use for the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. Any files you send to this stick can be accessed by any and all devices that you have. So I can literally pick up anyone of the smartphones, throw the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick in my gym bag and I can listen to all my music without even actually touching the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. Simply turn it on, connect to the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick's own WiFi signal and listen away. Even if there is no connection to the internet in general, as the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick broadcasts its own signal locally, all files are accessible from any device.

Sandisk AH-13

The gym scenario is just one aspect. For instance, while reviewing these smartphones, I'll be taking screenshots of all the devices, as well as images of all of the devices and also camera samples of them all. With so many different device at the same time, it can be difficult to keep track of everything. Well, again, this is where the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick has changed things for me personally. Now, once I have taken all the screenshots or camera samples that I need, using the android app, I just send them all straight to the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. Again, this works for any device and allows access to all the images from any device.

sandisk

Then when i get back to my desktop, everything is there again, in one central position. All the images, from all the different devices, centrally located and accessible from any of my devices at any time and even without a connection. For me personally, this is the biggest benefit I have seen with the Connect Wireless Stick.

However, it is also quite useful for non-work items too. Any videos I store on the Stick can be instantly sent to TV. Not to mention, if I am at a friend's house, I can grant them access to and send to their TV's or devices. So if you don't have to worry about a bunch of different smartphones, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick works the same way for any device that you have. If you are at home, you can access any files on the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick from your computer, tablet, smartphone or smartwatch. It does not matter what devices you have, what matters is that it can be accessed by any of them. A central wirefree point for all your storage. It is certainly worth checking out. Not to mention, actually using the connect stick, could not be easier. You can either connect to the contents though the Android app or simply open your WiFi signal on any device and connect to the Stick's WiFi signal. Once connected, head to sandisk.com and you are instantly redirected to all the content of the stick. It is that easy. I've been using the standard 32GB version, however, if you need bigger (or smaller) limits, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is available in 16, 32, 64 & 128 GB variants and starting from only $29.99. However, SanDisk currently has a promotion where you can save 30% off the cost of the 64GB version.

Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.0 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.1 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.2 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.3 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.4 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.5 Sandisk WIRELESS STICK 1.6

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SanDisk . The opinions and text are all mine.


Source: SanDisk's Connect Wireless Stick Is A Storage Problem Solver

No comments:

Post a Comment