Thursday, December 22, 2016

Need help with ROM mod problem on Galaxy Tab 10.1

So here's what is going on:

I got this old Galaxy Tab 10.1, (GT-P7510) for free. I decided to flash a new ROM onto it, and used Nameless KitKat 4.4.4. After doing this, the device receives a constant "keyboard has stopped functioning" error, and no longer connects to my PC for MTP, although it still charges. After some research, it seems like I either flashed a corrupted ROM, or accidentally installed the wrong version of GAPPS.

Google Voice also doesn't work, so no voice to text either.

As far as possible connections go, if the device is in download mode, Odin detects it. Kie also can tell that it is there in this mode, but won't connect.

I've also managed to get the device online by using the calculator to copy and paste a password for my phone's hotspot. The device is discoverable in my network places on my PC, but I can't access any of the files, or drop any in over wifi.

I have a stock ROM backup in case I didn't like the modded one, but unfortun ately it is sitting on my PC and not on the Tablet. The tablet also does not have removable storage.

Anyone have any ideas, or did I just manage to create a useless brick?


Source: Need help with ROM mod problem on Galaxy Tab 10.1

No comments:

Post a Comment