Saturday, October 8, 2016

Installing Android on a Vulcan Omega Tablet

Model #VTA08900IM16Link to site for details: http://vulcanelectronics.com/vulcan-omega-8-tablet/

We got a pair of tablets cheap with Windows installed. Problem is that they can't update without an SD card and the OS being fooled into believing the SD card is part of the C: drive. Now, it doesn't even want to do that, and they are essentially bricks due to the OS eating all the resources... and there's nothing else installed.

So, I had the thought to replace Windows with Android; they are nice tablets, after all.

My issue is that I have no idea what I'm doing, and apparently no one else is really doing that either. All the decent walkthroughs I've found are for dual-boots or VMs. The latter would mean Windows would still be installed, eating all the tablets resources, so that's not what I need. My thoughts then go to the former, then clearing off Windows after I've worked out the bugs... but I still don't know if this is a viable option.

I spent hours lookin g... barely found an ISO for a basic Android install, let alone a solution. Out of ideas here. Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks for any input.


Source: Installing Android on a Vulcan Omega Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment